“Common sense is not so common.” – Voltaire
Common sense tells us such interesting things, I think, if we followed them often we would not need much more to succeed and be happy.
Tells us for example:
- Start at the beginning, and when you reach the end, stop.
- Eat when you’re hungry and don’t eat when you’re not hungry.
- By doing the same things you’ll have the same results.
- Defend your position if you are right, if not don’t speak for anything.
- Shake hands with everyone else but only embrace your brother.
- Do not run a marathon like a race of a hundred meters.
- There’s time to think and time to do.
- While you think don’t do and while you don’t think.
- If you are bad, change.
- To earn more, you have to be worth more.
- When you are tired rest.
- If you’re sleepy, sleep.
- If you want something, go after it.
- First the decision and then the solution.
- If you want friends to leave the house.
- To get something done, you gotta do something.
- To change your life you must change your life.
- To know something you have to learn.
- Run after what makes you happy and flee from what makes you unhappy.
- If you want to be better, become better.
- When you have a question, ask.
- To get to know a person you have to hang out with them.
- When you have something to say, say it and when you have nothing to say keep your mouth shut.