” The cause of freedom is not a cause of a race or a sect, a party or a group, it’s the cause of humanity, the true birthright of humanity.” – Anna Julia Cooper
A friend told me that he is free and he doesn’t need to fight for freedom. I wondered and asked him who’s paid his salary.
– The Boss.
So I then I asked:
– In exchange for what ?
– From my work.
– Your work? You earn by peiece or per month? – I asked .
– I earn per month.
– In this case you receive a salary in exchange for your time . If you didn’t need a wage would you spend your time doing exactly the same as you do for your boss?
– Are you crazy? Of course not! I’d go on vacation for three months, and then buy a boat and devote myself to fishing .
– In this case you do not have free time. You need to sell in order to receive money. But maybe you’re free in money. Tell me one thing. If money were no object, what did you purchase?
– Oh, so much! I’d pay loans, buy all my kids need, a good home and a nice car, I’d travel, help people in need.
– That’s great, but if so, it seems that you also do not have freedom of money, since you are not free to buy, or spend, or invest in important things for yourself. In any case, maybe you have freedom of opinion and you decide for yourself the course of your life. Tell me one thing: you feel fullfiled? Do you have any plan to improve your health, time and money? You are helping to make a better world in some project that you fell in love with and that makes a difference? Do you have social or political intervention?
– No. I do not have time to think about it , I’m always very busy surviving, the last thing I need is more things to do.
– So maybe you should think about the following: You spend your time to earn money. The money you spend it to pay your commitments: taxes, bank, food, education, health . Your health you spend at work and concerns. You have no oportunity to do, have or be what you really would like for yourself and your loved ones. Where is your freedom then?
The biggest prisoner is the one who is tied but thinks he can do what he wants.
If you are not the owner of your time or your money, or lord of pursuing your dreams and your personal achievement … Maybe you really need to begin to fight for your freedom.